How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter was divorced last week and it was agreed that she

This answer was rated:

My daughter was divorced last week and it was agreed that she would pay the school and boarding fees and any extras. The judge told her to pursue child maintenance through the CMS. She has made an application. However, we know her husband will try not to pay anything, even though she is entitled to more than £600 per month. (Both children fully boarding) and that counting as her responsibility. Is there anyway her husband can legally get out of paying?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Provided your daughter makes the application for assessment then eventually he will have to pay.
he will probably argue that they spend as much time with him as with her because of the boarding school - but this is easily countered.
If he is self employed then your daughter may have to make an application for a re-assessment because they can fail to include dividends - and of course if he does not pay then there will have to be enforcement action, but eventually he will have to pay
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you