How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I was divorced in December 2011 and moved out of the marital

This answer was rated:

I was divorced in December 2011 and moved out of the marital home in Feb 2012. My children are now 18 and 16 and see their Dad regularly. Since the beginning of this year, I have met someone and since my former Husband found out, I have inundated with text messages, emails and he constantly questions my children of where I am, what am I doing, saying negative things about this new man in my life. I would like to move away to another area and take my youngest child with me. What are my rights? What else could I do to stop my former Husband sending me these messages? Many thanks Angie
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is your 16 year old happy to move?
Why does your ex need to contact you at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My Daughter says she would like to leave Devon but is worried what her Dad would say.
I have no idea. He still thinks he can control me and he constantly questions both my Daughters as to what I'm doing and who with.
Since she is over 16 her father no longer has any control about where she lives (and neither do you)
If you wish to move then do so.
If he continues to pester you then you can ask the Police to give him an Harassment Notice warning him that if he continues to contact you then he could be arrested.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you