How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I need to take my ex husband back to court due to the fact

Customer Question

I need to take my ex husband back to court due to the fact that he didnt disclose bank accounts during Ancillary , these accounts have a considerable amount of money in them . i cannot at present afford legal fees so how do I go about requesting a judge to reopen the case ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the Order made and how did you become aware of these accounts.
was the actual order made by Consent or imposed by a Judge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi , the ancillary was Dec 2003 the final hearing but it was not until recently that my son said he had seen account details while he was at his dads for the weekend . I hen went through paper work I had and realised that was declared during "mediation " was not declared during Ancillary . My ex-husband cancelled mediation half way though the process with no reason given ! I have spoke to the solicitor I used for the divorce about this & she explained that because mediation was cancelled she did not receive the final draft - it's appears for good reason
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
For clarity - these documents were in papers that were available to you at the time?
How much is involved?