How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1301
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

Hi there- my daughter is due to go on holiday to Spain this

This answer was rated:

Hi there- my daughter is due to go on holiday to Spain this coming Wednesday with her 8 year old son and new partner. Unfortunately the father of my grandchild is being really nasty and has said to her that she needs his permission to take him abroad which he won't give. He is named on my grandsons birth certificate but my grandson has his mothers surname not his fathers. There is no court orders in place and the holiday is for 10 days- help !!!
Hi, thanks for your question I will assist you with this.You say there is no residence order in place, if not then I am afraid your daughter will either need his permission or a court order. Given the timing, it may be difficult to get such an order at this late stage. I would recommend that she either get his consent in writing or make an urgent application to court.
Kasare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you