How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, my ex had recently threatened to kill me and my new partner

This answer was rated:

Hi, my ex had recently threatened to kill me and my new partner so I reported him to the police and the contact was moved to a contact centre for my 4 year old daughter to see her father. the court had issued 4 hours supervised visits by his his sister as he failed to do drug and alcohol test in court but his sister was not supervising so as breached I moved it to a contact centre and he agreed.
in the interim my ex was bothering me with texts and phone calls so I changed my mobile and home number and my solicitor wrote to him in regards ***** ***** now he has no means of contact he has actually sent social services at my house, I was cleared by them and he was put in the wrong as he made false allegations about my mental health and that I had burnt my daughter and I lock her up in the room.
can I now stop contact altogether as I know he cant accept my new relationship and also I am registered under marak as I am under high risk when the police did a risk assessment.
I want to stop the contact as I feel my daughter is very young and he will flash her with flashy gifts and get her to say things and record them.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
No I am afraid that you cannot stop contact on this basis.
You have already moved the contact to a safe environment - and if he does try and record her saying things then THAT will be the end of his contact.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you