How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am taking my sons friend on holiday abroad. Do I need any

Customer Question

I am taking my sons friend on holiday abroad. Do I need any other documents than his passport?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
It would be sensible to take with you a letter signed by one or both of his parents confirming that they authorise you to take the child abroad and to make whatever decisions are necessary regarding his Health and Welfare whilst he is with you.
This will cover you in the event of a medical emergency.
It need only be the simplest of letters
Please ask if you need further details