Child maintenance ! I earn £597 per week gross (pension

Child maintenance !

I earn £597 per week gross (pension has been taken off this amount ) just leaves tax and ni to pay.

I pay £439 a month for a mortgage to keep the roof over my son's head even though Im not living there!

The CSA have told me that they will give me a £10 a week discount!! for it!
so still have to pay £209 per month child maintenance

is this right?
Why are you still paying the ful mortgage and how often does your son spend the night with you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Clare,

I'm paying the full mortgage to keep the roof over my sun's head! I'm not allowed any contact with my wife, its a bail condition - I think you answered my previous question on access to my son.

I have not seen my son for 6 months! because of what's going on!

Remind me - does she have a solicitor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No she does not have a solicitor

Has your solicitor got the bail varied?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately or fortunately for him ! he's on holiday and comes back to work next Wednesday! so the bail has not yet been varied!

Whose name is ***** ***** mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its joint between myself and wife.

Then as soon as the Bail conditions are lifted you should get a solicitor to write to your ex and inform her that from then on you will pay only half the mortgage and she will have to take responsibility for paying the other half from the Child Maintenance that you are paying.
In the longer term it is likely that she will have to pay it all
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok , but what the CSA have told me to pay is that right?

Actually that seems a little low - you shoudl be paying 12% of your gross income