How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35065
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife is Filipino. While on an agreed trip to The Philippines

This answer was rated:

My wife is Filipino. While on an agreed trip to The Philippines with our British Citizen daughter, (2 yrs old at the time), my wife left the child in the Philippines with her relatives for 10 days.........without informing me or seeking my permission, while she made a clandestine trip to the UK, to visit another man.
Whilst she acted irresponsibly, did she break any UK law in relation to our daughter?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Did she eventually return the child to the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, she did.

Then I am afraid that no she has not broken any Uk law - but it is of course an excellent reason for refusing permission for the child to be taken abroad in the future.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you