How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My wife has left me for another man who she lives with. I am

Customer Question

My wife has left me for another man who she lives with. I am in the family home with the children aged 10 and 14. I can afford to pay the morgage which is in joint names and continue paying all the bills as I have family childcare in place so I can work. Can my wife insist I sell or can I stay till the children are older and she get a settlement at todays valuation when I do.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
what other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?