How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34896
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am moving from warrington to Leicester. there is a court

This answer was rated:

I am moving from warrington to Leicester. there is a court order in place where he can see his daughter 4 hours every Saturday supervised with his sister present as the order was breached I moved it to a contact centre in june and did not go court to vary the order. my solicitor wrote to him on the 23 june to say I am moving Leicester and proposed contact to move to Leicester contact centre. til to date we have not heard anything. my work transfer has now been confirmed and we are moving. once I move Leicester my ex wont know where I live. I don't want him to know as he threatened to kill me and I am under marak high risk. I am moving due to his harassment and sending social srvces at my house and going to nursery for information on his daughter.
once I move if he goes court how will I know that I need to attend and how will court know that I am not aware of the court hearing
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is your solicitor on record at court as acting for you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, because she represented me in the first hearing the after that I represented my self due to me saving costs as don't get legal aid. my ex has kept a solicitor this time and she wrote to his solicitor proposing contact to continue at Leicester contact centre

Do you have a friend or family member who would be happy for you to use their address as a "care of" address?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he knows my dads address so I suppose my solicitor can write to him and regive him my dads address in the letter, however my ex is crafty and I feel he wil just submit application in court with a fake address for my self so I don't attend court and the court gives him the access he wants. is that possible?????

No it is not possible as he has to prove to the Court that you are aware of the application.
Write to his solicitor giving your father's address for contact in the future - and ask them to acknowledge the letter
If he does wish to make an application in the future he will have to use that address - and then you can tell the court your correct address and ask for an Order that means that it is kept confidential
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you