How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

my wife abused me and has a gambling addiction, both pensioners,

Customer Question

my wife abused me and has a gambling addiction, both pensioners, I now live in a council bungalow on my own how can I stop wife from getting half assets as I want children to benefit
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

I need a bit more information to be able to answer your question:

How long have you and your wife lived apart?
What financial support do you give her?
Have you written a will?
Is there any reason why you have not yet started divorce proceedings?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

4months apart. I do not give any financial support, I was abused and she wanted me out. I have made a will leaving all to my sons, I do not want to divorce as I been married 48 years, any split would mean me giving half my savings which is only modest ie to pay for each others funeral approx. 8k and she would just gamble it away