How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am divorced....i live in the joint owned property .i pay

Customer Question

I am divorced....i live in the joint owned property .i pay the mortgage , the mortgage is in both our names .in the divorce settlement it was deemed i receive 70% of the equity and my ex husband 30%.when we sell the property My ex was happy for me and my now 21 year in remain untill she moves out .however since our divorce many years ago he has run up debts,yesterday i recieved a letter from a company preparing to assist him in an individual voluntary arrangement telling me to seek legal advice, and that if i have queries about remortgage to contact a financial advisor i have no funds for either, my exhusband is re married and have there own property where do i stand.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
When does the Order say that the house should be sold?