How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I got divorced two years ago and in it the sole ownership of

Customer Question

I got divorced two years ago and in it the sole ownership of the fmh was given to me i took on some marital debts
One debt qas a 20k business loan feom hsbc
I liquidated the small ltd co but the loan was guaranteed against the house
Shortly after i was very ill and had to renegotiate repayment to hsbc and missed six payments
I reinstituted this and they accepted and i have continued to pay
I have just had a letter tho from land registry saying they have received an application from hsbc to put a charge on my house and give me til28 july to object
Does this mean they can force me to sell the house?
I have a mortgage of 199k and the hozse is worth 467k.
I also found my divorce lawyer did not do the necc conveyancing with the land registry to get it into my sole name! So what happens now?
I have a signed tr1 form.
I also arranged with my neighbour that we would buy a portion of my garden for nine k which was wasteland and have allowed him to start cultivating it
Does the charging order mean i cant sell this land now? And are hsbc allowed to have a charging order even though they have accepted repayments?
I am responsible financially only for myself
I have a 50k pa job and am now under huge stress having had a breakdown at end of marriage
Can you please advise what i need to do to resolve
Charge against house
My sole ownership with land registry and
Will it affect the sale of my land?
Thank you so much
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Will the company who holds the first mortgage release your ex from the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Clare

He has been released from the mortgage but my divorce lawyer did not send the TR1 to land rwgistry to get his name off the deeds

I am having her do that at the moment

The consent order was signed and he signed the TR1

It is taking such a long time to go through that land registry sent a separate letter to him hede about hsbc as they still had his name on the deeds