How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35065
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My partner has travelled abroad without my knowledge and left

This answer was rated:

My partner has travelled abroad without my knowledge and left my 11month old child with her sister. Do I have the right to go to the sisters house to take my child?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you named on the Birth Certificate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i am but not married.

Then you have Parental Responsibility for your child and can indeed insist that the child is paced in your care since your partner is not in the country
If you think her sister will call the police be sure t take a copy of the Birth Certificate with you
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you