How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am moving solicitor wrote to my exs solicitor

This answer was rated:

I am moving solicitor wrote to my ex's solicitor proposing contact to move to a Leicester contact centre however his solicitor hasn't rresponed til date and the letter was sent on the 23 jun. my ex prob hasn't instructed his solicitor as at the time my solicitor did state no firm plans are in place as I was waiting for my transfer from work to be agreed. since the letter my dads car has been vandalized, twice first the tyres were slashed and then the windscreen smashed. we have reported it to the police as I feel it is my ex making a statement that he can find me in Leicester. my dad has lived in his street for 25 years and nothing like this has ever happened. it cant be a coincidence that my ex threatened to kill me and bother my family and surprise surprise my dads car is vandalized. I will be moving into a womans refuge as I fear he will find me. also now since my dads car has been vandalized I feel I don't want my ex travelling Leicester he will create stress for my family as he knows where my father lives. court order is contact every week but as I am moving can my solicitor propose that contact to remain at warrington contct cntre and I bring my daughter up once every month. I can not afford every week as it is 135 miles. if he refuses then would it be his decision to take it to court as my solicitor has told him I don't have the funds to go court and he hasn't til date taken it to court I suppose because he knows court will want a drug and alcohol test and he failed to that last time so he wont be willing to go court
Thank you for your question.
If there is already a court order in place then I am afraid that YOU are in the wrong if you do not abide by it and your ex can take you to court to enforce the Order which could prove expensive to you.
If you do not want him Leicester then chose a nearby Centre - Loughborough or Derby and ask for the Contact to take place there.
With luck your ex will not wish to make the journey weekly - in which case you can then offer the once a month in warrington
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you