How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, Recently we have had some difficult behaviour with our

Customer Question

Recently we have had some difficult behaviour with our 5 year old at school, gradually getting worse over time. We have now received a phone call from social services pretty much firing accusations at us of sexual abuse! which are totally unfounded.
There are a number of things been going on at school which we beleive have made our daughters behaviour worse and the teachers have been no help.
I have now written a letter of complaint, which I will definately be sending off to the school head teacher and copying in the Governor of the school. I am also thinking of sending it off to the council responsible for the school, as the accusations have caused us severe distress.
First of all I would like to know what actions I can possibly take?
I am not an expert in english! or law as such and would like if possible for someone to review my letter and tidy it up.
Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What has been happening at school that you are concerned about?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



Basically our daughter has reportedly been swearing and lashing out, allow on occassions the teachers have let slip about her and another naughty child leading her, but every other time we asked who was around they have stated she was on her own, which we do not beleive because she only gets upset if someone hits her etc.


We know there is a boy in her class who has hit her and called her names, which maybe a trigger.


My wife found two teachers restraining her the other day, legs pinned down and arms pinned down but flat, like a starfish, daughter appeared calm so method was excessive. We think these things have had a negative impact on her.


Also, there is a room the so called naughty children go to, bearing in mind she is only 5, some of the children are much older upto say 10. These have been heard by myself and my wife infront of our daughter saying the F*** and B**** words.


But teachers are blaming our daughter for being disruptive in class and swearing, for which they now blame her for others copying.


They have now referred to Social Services, which we knew nothing about until my wife received a phone call from them saying they are concerned about our childrens sexualised behaviour, my boy aparently has been drawing womans boobs and saying the word virgina, and with my daughter using the F*** word, they seem to have reported this.


But the phone call was quite blunt and to the point pretty much accusing us of sexual abuse.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
What have Social Services said will happen next?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We do not know as my wife was so disgusted by what they were trying to say she hung up, it's more about the problems the school are creating, and doing this without discussing with us, we went to them for support not additional distress!
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid that the aftermath of the Baby P tragedy - and the ongoing historical revelations means that the school could not speak to you about the matter first - they HAVE to report any suspicions rather than speaking to the parents first.
However this does not explain the excessive force being used to restrain your daughter - not the fact that it is clearly inappropriate for her to be placed with the older children
Concentrate of these issues and ask for a meeting to discuss the problems and what help the school can give (a referral to an Educational Psychologist shoudl be offered)
Also be ready for a visit from Social Services - most probably within the wee.
Try and stay calm with them - and as co-operative as you can be
Please ask if you need further details