How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

How can I protect our wealth from my husband who is an extreme

Customer Question

How can I protect our wealth from my husband who is an extreme gambler? We have joint assets and two joint mortgages and I have property and cash in my sole name too. But my husband spends excessively not just on gambling but on businesses that in my opinion are never going to produce a return. Obviously there is a lot I could say but I think this sums up the position and I suppose my question is really do I have to divorce him to protect myself and my family.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you wish to end the relationship?