How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKfamsol Your Own Question
UKfamsol, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 560
Experience:  Very experienced specialist family law solicitor, qualifed in 1994
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
UKfamsol is online now

If I dont know where the father of my child has moved to and

This answer was rated:

If I don't know where the father of my child has moved to and he isn't paying her a penny how am I able to get anything from him?
Hello and thanks for your question

There are various ways to find someone, for example:

  • asking friends and family if they have any information about his whereabouts
  • searching online social networks, such as facebook, myspace, twitter, friendsreunited
  • writing to him at his last known address - your letter may get forwarded to him
  • using an enquiry/tracing agent - there will be a fee payable for this. I've used this firm: They have contacts throughout the UK.
  • using the Child Maintenance Service. If you want to use this service you need to ring them on 0800(###) ###-####/li>

There's a useful government website with lots of information about child maintenance, here:

and their leaflet about getting in touch with the other parent is here:

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks and best wishes...

UKfamsol and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you