How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35063
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My partner is having CSA and arrears taken out of his wages

This answer was rated:

My partner is having CSA and arrears taken out of his wages each month his on a low income and I'm expecting in a couple months and we are struggling, CSA will not tell us were the child lives and her mum denied a DNA test 5 years ago. CSA have said when he made a first payment he admited liability to the child we don't know we're the child is or if it's his but his paying CSA £203 a month CSA won't help us just taking the money I also have a child and my partner has a little girl to think about. His name is ***** ***** the birth certificate of the CSA child but she was born in 2007
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What do you wish to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How can we dispute payments for a child who we have no were abouts she is or if she is his. They won't help us by doing DNA as they say he admited liabilty when they took
Money from his wages 5/6 years ago but how are we meant to get proof she his without CSA helping us and should they be helping us if they are taking his money from his account.
Unfortunately there is a very very short time period within which you can ask for a DNA test via the CSA and that past many years ago.
HOWEVER all is not lost.
Your partner can apply to the Court for a Child Arrangement Order and within that ask for a DNA test to be done.
The test will cost about £400 or so - so do not apply to the Court until you can afford it.
The fact that you do not know her address is not an issue.
Your partner uses this form to make the application
and this form
for an Order that allows the DWP to release her address TO THE COURT for service.
The case will then be transferred to a court near his ex.
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you