How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35087
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

social services help

This answer was rated:

Hello I ve been accused from ex wife in 2009 child molestation of her daughter. But police dropped all the charges against me in 2010. I married again In 2010. I have one boy age 3 years 3 months old. Recently me and my wife had argument (no hitting or hurting) just stupid argument and my wife made a call to 999. Police came and we told that it was just an argument or nothing else. They given me warning and went. After 3 day I received a call from Redbridge council. She told me because i had been accused in the past and child is in my house so we have to send information to social services. And they will come and visit your house and she was asking about my ex wife details and her daughter's detail. All I want to know what's my legal rights and can I refused them to meet or do I need solicitors withme when they came to see me.

As I know the accusation was false. Do I have suffer this time and time again all my life or is there any othet legal way.

Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Do not refuse to meet them.
In this Post Baby P age they HAVE to investigate all potential risks.
Stay calm and relaxed about it and explain exactly what happened
You do not need a solicitor at this stage - BUT above all else grit your teeth and be polite
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Thanks for the reply. My question is what type of questions I would expect from them so I can prepare myself. Other thing is any way I can remove my past from my history legally.

If I said annoying one it would sound facetious - but would be accurate
They will rehash the 2009 allegations and ask invasive questions about how you care for your child
Your wife may be questioned separately - and asked if she was aware about "your history" before you married
They will also ask her about the 999 cal - pushing to see if she was coerced into not taking it further
I am afraid the allegations cannot be removed from the file
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just last question. Can they reopen my case from the past because they were asking about my ex wife name and address and told thwy will call me for interview 2 days ago but never called just bit worried

yes they can revisit it - Social Services do not operate on the same basis as the police and will wish to check the facts themselves