How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hi, I separated from my wife back in november 2013 since then

Customer Question

I separated from my wife back in november 2013 since then she we have been amicable for the sake of our 8 year old daughter. I have just been made redundant and the money I received was going to go towards paying off OUR debts. I have just had an email from her solicitor that I have to give half of this to her or it will be frozen by the court. Im at my wits end now, she has never worked to keep the family home and now all of a sudden I have to give her half of what I have earned. Please can you advise?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
how much will you received and how much are the debts?
Who owns the family home?