How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi. If as expected, the divorce goes through and the matrimonial

This answer was rated:

Hi. If as expected, the divorce goes through and the matrimonial home as to be sold, what would happen if I refused to sign any documents and refused to move out ? ( The house and mortgage are in joint names)
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Assuming that a Court Order has been made ordering the sale of the property then the court can order your eviction (and the bailiffs can come and remove you) and the Judge can sign all documents on your behalf - and you will end up paying the costs involved
Much better to concentrate on achieving the best outcome you can
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you