How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I want to divorce from my wife. We married in last May. She

Customer Question

I want to divorce from my wife. We married in last May. She is Filippino.
- she is very rude most of the time
- creating arguments
- provoking stressed situations unreasonable arguments when my son is at home
- since she got a job in June this year (1.5 year later since she has been in the UK) she doesn't care about anything anymore
- when my son is at home (9 years old) my wife always ruining the day
- i cook, i tae care of the house
i supported her for one and a half year
- i don;t want to kiss o touch her anymore for a while
- i ma not in love with her at all
- she always keeps her phone silence, i can never reach her, she doesn't answer my calls, but texting with colleges and men
- i don't know many times where she is
- can not rely on her at all
- she doesn't cook at all anything
- she shouts at me and ver mean and rude most of the times
- she changes when my son is away at his mums
Are these enough reasons to divorce? pr how should i prepare them?
During the divorce proceedings can she still reside to my rented property?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When you say last May - do you mean 2013 or 2014?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
In that case yes the matters that you details would be sufficient for a divorce petition - apart from numbers 8 and 9 on the list
You can find out how to start a Petition here
I am afraid that she has the right to remain in the matrimonial home while the divorce goes through
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

of course she can reside here, I didn't want to take her out. But the court might have problem with this why we did not separate? I can not move out, we live here with my son for many years. She is not in the position to rent something.

On which reason stage should I apply for the divorce? Inappropriate behaviour or something else?

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
You divorce on the basis of her Unreasonable Behaviour.
The court does understand that you may have to remain in the same house but it is important that you live as separately as you can - so no shared cooking cleaning washing shopping etc -
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

Do I need Solicitor for the whole proceedings? And if yes, would it be possible with an online Solicitor?

Or if I don;t need, can I just follow the official proceedings, application forms etc.?

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
There is no reason why you cannot do it yourself - you can always ask for assistance here!