How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

HelloI am Judith and I am divorced from my husband with

This answer was rated:

I am Judith and I am divorced from my husband with three children. He threaten to commit suicide right after the separation and has been on antidepressant for sometimes also. Because of that incident, I never felt safe enough to completely leave him with the children. On the 11th of May 2014 he started harassing me through texts , emails and calls. I complain to the police and they warn him verbally. The social services contacted to make sure that the children weren't around him. On the 18th of July he came to the children's school where he started abusing me verbally calling a whore or other sexually related terms while he hold our three year old in his arm and in from front of other parents in school at the time. I reported the incident to the police and they say they will serve him with a notice to keep away from mad and only contact me about the children through a solicitor.
I recieved a letter from his solicitor today saying that my ex would like contact with the children during the period of the school holidays and that my ex bought a phone to the kids which he hadn't and that I should restore the communication back. But he hadnt bought a phone to the kids I bought the phone but it hasn't been working lately.
I would like to reply to this letter as I can't afford the Cost of a solicitor. Could you please give me guidelines as to how to reply to this. I am thinking I Would need the permition of the social worker in charge of the case before agreeing to anything, am I right?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and what contact has he had with them in the last three months?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare, the children are 3, 6 and 7. He has been coming around my house to see the children, taking them down to the local shops etc... Up until the 11th of May 2014 when he stated sending me nasty text messages emails and consistent phone calls that amount to harassment. I reported the incident to the police.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am happy for him to have contact with the children as long as it is supervised. I can't be the one bringing him the children as he abuses me each time he lay eyes on me.
have you considered a Contact Centre?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We could surely go through the contact centre route, but I don't know if he would agree to it.
Given the circumstances that you describe it is unlikely that a court would give him a choice in the matter.
Write to his solicitor and say that he has never provided a phone and that in any event because of the history of verbal abuse you are not prepared to allow telephone contact at this stage.
Say that you are willing to agree to contact at a local contact centre if they arrange it - or to discuss contact with your ex using Family mediation (
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you