How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am in the process of a very situation ...I left my

This answer was rated:

I am in the process of a very nasty situation ...I left my husband in October 2012 and took my 2 children with me as I feared for their safety..He is an alcholic and becomes violent and abusive when he is drunk.
I rented a house thinking that our family home would sell and we could move hasn't sold I have run out of money and need to move back into the family home. He has moved away from the area to live with someone else and comes back probably every 3 weeks or so to make sure the place is ok. He is saying that I am not entitled to move back in and he will see me sleep in the car first. We are not divorced yet and my name is ***** ***** joint mortgage on the property with him..
Simple question I have the right to move back in...
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You are fully entitled to move back into the matrimonial home with the children and if he threatens you or is actually violent you can obtain an order excluding him altogether.
Indeed if you wish to remain in the property until your youngest child is 18 then the Family Court is likely to allow you to do so
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you