How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

our daughter in law comes home this afternoon and wants both

Customer Question

our daughter in law comes home this afternoon and wants both girls back,we know we have no rights over eldest daughter but my son wants to keep his daughter for the weekend until the mother sorts her self out after taking an overdose,we contacted the social services this morning who said we need to speak to a solicitor,we are not after custody but are worried for the girls as the mother is unstable and she keeps throwing our son out and keeps accusing him of having affairs which he isn'he feels as if he needs to go home for the girls but her behaviour is very tiring for my son and for us if our son returns to her we don't want our granddaughter to go h ome what are our rights if we keep her for the weekend

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and what has been happening?