How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

hello i have been seperated from my husband for nearly a year

Customer Question

hello i have been seperated from my husband for nearly a year now , he currently pays the mortgage on the property i live in with our two children , he also gives me one hundred pound a week for our children as maintenance. he has now told me i have to start paying half the mortgage , he earns alot more money than i do , can you tell me where i stand plse
regards heather
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What income do you each have and how much is the mortgage payment
How old are the children and how often does he have them overnight?