How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35085
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How long do you have to pay Child Support for one child.

This answer was rated:

How long do you have to pay Child Support for one child.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Payment has to continue so long as the child is under 20 and in full time (12 hours a week) Secondary Education (not University)
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Clare,

We do not know if this person in still in education as we have not had contact with her mother since the child was 3 years old neither has her father. She will be 19 this year. The CSA therefore will not give my son any other information, but still take the payment off him. The mother is now liiving with someone else and did not tell him that she had moved, he only found out of Facebook and now she has been taken off. They are devorced but she still denied him access to the child. we do nolt know what to do next.

Christine Burns mrs)

Have you asked the CSA if the mother is still receiving Child Benefit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not think they gave out that information. I thought they would inform the father that the payment was at an end.

Yes we would like to think so but......
The starting point is to write to them asking them to confirm that the mother is still in receipt of Child Benefit.
Send it recorded delivery and keep a copy
Chase it up when they do not reply and make a formal complaint if they still do not do so
This group may also be able to assist
If you can afford £100 or so you could ask an Enquiry Agent to find out what the child is doing now
Please ask if you need further details