How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My Wife a/nd i have been separated now for 16 months . We would

This answer was rated:

My Wife a/nd i have been separated now for 16 months . We would have been married 29 years 29/8/14
We have three boys aged 27.23.21 and now have no assets due to financial problems .
The marriage is over so how do we get a quick divorce ?
I have MS so the stress isn't helping .
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you both agree that there shoudl be a divorce?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes we both agree
Then you have two options.
The process for the actual divorce is the same whichever option you chose - the details are here
The first option is to wait two until you have lived apart for two years and issue the petition based on that ground.
The alternative is for you between you to agree that one of you will divorce the other for Unreasonable behaviour and use that ground.
The allegations do not have to be dreadful - just annoying and if you both work on it then it shoudl not be too offensive!
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you