How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been seperated from my wife for seven years now, i reside

This answer was rated:

I have been seperated from my wife for seven years now, i reside in Spain,it is with mutual consent that we wish to to seperate. we have two children ,both now adults,27,and 30 respectivley,could you let me know where we stand regarding a seperation,
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you in fact mean you want to have a divorce - given that you are already separated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi clare.That is in fact correct, it is a divorce that we seek .my apologies for not being clearer.I was given to believe that being apart for such a long period,that the process could be accelerated due to the seperation time.regards.paul aspden

In the UK the process will take the same time as any divorce - between four and eight months depending on how quickly the paperwork is turned round by each of you
The process is described here
and should go smoothly since this is what you both want
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you