How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I divorced my husband 7 years ago, I tried 3 times to get him

Customer Question

I divorced my husband 7 years ago, I tried 3 times to get him to sign the agreement over our joint home so that I paid him out when our son leaves full time education which is now soon. He failed to do this and so he is still on the mortgage even though I have paid it for the past 7 years. he has a dept attachment for around £3500 on the mortgage a dept which was nothing to do with me and was 5 years after our divorce. He has not paid any child support in this time and arrears are approaching £10.000 with the CSA so in fact that is all of the equity that was due to be paid originally. will I have to pay him or is it better to go to court or mediation to resolve this ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
May I ask why you did not make a Court Application 7 years ago for the finances to be dealt with?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets/debts are there and what income do you each have?