How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35077
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am in the process of divorce. Hy husband left the family

This answer was rated:

I am in the process of divorce. Hy husband left the family home a year ago. In January he stopped paying anything towards the family home which has a mortgage of £73k. I have made a court application for financial settlement. Now I've heard from my sister in law that he's invited his nieces to stay with him and his new girlfriend in our house over Christmas knowing that I will be away then with our two children. I am not at all comfortable allowing him access to our house in this way. All his books and papers are still here and he's refused to move them out, but he hasn't been back since January. Do I have to let him stay here at Christmas?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When is the first hearing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On October 20 this year

How long are you away for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
two weeks
As a joint owner of the property he is allowed to return there I am afraid.
however it is a matter you need to raise at the first hearing and ask for a written Undertaking from him that he will not return to the house other than by previous agreement
Please ask if you need further assistance
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you