How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Im in the process of getting divorced. Living on the Isle

This answer was rated:

I'm in the process of getting divorced. Living on the Isle of Man. My ex is asking me for our children's passports which I have removed from the house as I don't trust him. He is taking them across to England in a week, but doesn't not need the passports as they are taking the ferry there and back. He has threatened me saying he'll put I block on MY passport with Border control if I don't hand over the kids passports. i am also going away during this time, but to Spain, so I do need my passport. What should I do?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What reason has he given for wanting the passports?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Morning Clare,

Proof if ID, he says. He has given me details of there travel and there's no reason for proof of ID for the kids.

He says he aslo needs their NHS cards but the information between England and the IoM is shared. I know this as I had to take my son to A&E during a visit at Easter time and they had all information just had to supply a date of birth.

Thank you.

He cannot put a block on your Passport - he would struggle even if the children were traveling with you.
Give him a copy of their NHS cards - or better still get them these
Might I suggest that you leave the actual documents with a Trusted friend - or safety deposit box - whilst you are away
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Many thanks. I was pretty sure he couldn't put a hold on my passport but needed to make sure as I am travelling whilst they are away.

All my documents are no longer in the house, hence him asking me for them, as I don't trust him.

Many thanks.

That is good to hear.
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you