How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I own my home outright and my husband and myself have separated,

This answer was rated:

I own my home outright and my husband and myself have separated, how do I put my title deed in my name only
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Which part of the Uk are you in?
How long have you lived together?
How much is the house worth and what other assets are there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I live in liverpool the North West UK. I have lived in the house for 12 years this December, I have been married for 8 and a half years ,that is when I put my husbands name on the mortgage 2005. I was pensioned off on ill health in 2009 and received a large amount which I payed the mortgage and I think the house is worth about £150,00:00. We have no other assets as such no saving ect.
Hope this helps
How much is the house worth?
Will your husband agree to the transfer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The house is worth about £150,000 and yes my husband would agree to the transfer
Do you wish to use a solicitor or deal with the paperwork yourself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I wish to deal with the paperwork myself
Then you need a TR1 - available here
an APP1
you will both need to complete one of these
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you