How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am seperated from wife recently, due to me not wanting to

Customer Question

I am seperated from wife recently, due to me not wanting to go back she has now decided to limit me seeing our 4 children . we are still married as she has asked me to file for divorce etc . i was never added onto our childrens birth certificates but before the split i cared for my children full time as a househusband and we had changed their names to mine through deed poll after marriage . she will be the fulltime carer and they will be staying residence with her but where do i stand with parental responsibility and taking care of my children i.e more than the one day a week she has now suddenly chose
mr baxter
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
4 , 8 , 11, 13
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
May I ask why you did not re-register the births?
What contact pattern would work for you and the children?