How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am divorced with a decree nisi absolute. My ex wife remarried

This answer was rated:

I am divorced with a decree nisi absolute. My ex wife remarried and divorced again, we had three daughters. I am living with a partner for the last 20 years or so. we have one son who is 15y.old. If the mother of our son and I get married can my ex wife or my daughters claim any of the property or any material things which all belong to my partner? She bought the house we live in, its her property and she is worried if we marry that she will loose out on her assets.
Mr Bonaventura
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
No they will have no claim on her assets at all
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. If I ask anymore questions would I be charged £11. each time?

If it is a follow up to this one there is no extra charge
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have rated your service excellent and have donated you a bonus of £2.20.

That is very kind - thank you