How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35087
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello I am filling in my Form E. When my husband left we

This answer was rated:

I am filling in my Form E. When my husband left we had already booked in builders to make essential renovations to our roof and extension. It had to go ahead. The costs totalled 30k which I paid for from an inheritance I had just received. Will I be able to ask for this to be returned to me from the house sale? If so, under which section should I detail it? I have receipts etc.
Thank you for your advice.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
This should be detailed in Section 4 - 4 .1.1 and refer to it again at 4.3
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you