How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

my daughter has had previous dealings in the past,with social

Customer Question

my daughter has had previous dealings in the past,with social services due to alcohol related issues,The children never went into care and a family member moved in with all of them,However recent events taking a turn for the worse have resulted in the childrens father obtaining a residencey order removing the children from there home and there mother,my daughter to date has had no correspondace from social services informing her of these actions and has only been informed via her Aunt who earlier today went to my daughters house and took the childrens clothes and toys and took them to there fathers.Is this legal and why havent social services informed My Daughter of there actions,but informed her AUNT,another thing the childrens farther hasnt long been out of prison and was only entitled to supervised access,and now he has a residencey order.Is this legal
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and have there actually been care proceedings?