How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

i separated from my wife 6 months , divorce proceedings are

Customer Question

i separated from my wife 6 months , divorce proceedings are yet to start , my wife and daughter live in the matrimonial home which is in my name and i pay the mortgage which is fine . however her extended family have now also moved in without my agreement on what appears to be a permenant basis. the property was purchased by me in my name prior to marriage though my wife contributed 30% of the deposit. I moved out when we seperated
can i ask her family to leave or pay rent?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
what other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
How old is the child and how long have you both lived together/beeb married