How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hi,I wish to go back to the courts, to claim back child

Customer Question

Hi, I wish to go back to the courts, to claim back child maintenance arrears, that were enforced as part of my divorce settlement. My Ex-Husband has not paid the agreed monthly amount and the arrears now total £33,000. Please advise exactly what steps I need to take? What forms, etc and associated courts costs for taking this action.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the order made and how old are the children now?
Why have you nots taken enforcement action before now.?