How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex has changed the locks on my property! How can I gain

This answer was rated:

My ex has changed the locks on my property! How can I gain access? Do I get a locksmith or what? My 4 year old is at my parents today so need to sort this asap
Clare : HiThank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Clare : Who actually owns the property - and are you married to each other?

e are joint mortgage and not married


We both own the property but not married


Hello? Any help please?

I think this format may be easier
As a joint owner of the property you can re - enter the property whenever you wish - breaking in if necessary.
If your ex threatens violence towards you then you can apply for a Court Order excluding them form the property and allowing you to live there.
Please be careful not to put yourself at risk,
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you