How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been separated for six years and have no idea where

This answer was rated:

I have been separated for six years and have no idea where my ex wife is and I want to get divorced what do I have to do
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
where was she when you last knew - and have you tried contacting her family and friends?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
I have not had a reply and you have taken another£36 from my account which I want refunding
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the last address I know of is 12 joseph powell close Clapham sw12 9pe this is her mothers address i have been unable to get any response from letters i have sent.

have you contacted her mother or any other family member?
Have you looked on any Social Media sites?
Have you instructed an Enquiry Agent to trace her?
You can issue a Petition based on the fact that you have lived apart for five years
but first you must do all of the above in order that you can apply to the court for permission to go ahead without serving the documents on your ex.
The form you need for that is here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you