How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have split from the father of my child. We do not live together.

Customer Question

I have split from the father of my child. We do not live together. He is demanding that the child stays with him for most of the week when I no my son is actually being looked after by the grandmother. Whenever I request that we stick to the agreed days he becomes verbally abusive and sends threatening texts. He has also said he will take my son and not give him back. I am frightened of what he will do next and he is saying he will get full custody. What options do I have?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child and how long have you and your ex been separated?
What contact was originally agreed?