How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34887
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

daughter is now 17 can I pay my child support direct to her

This answer was rated:

daughter is now 17 can I pay my child support direct to her now, her mother requested this. I'm unsure if it is legal to do so? Csa set up in 1998
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You shoudl only do this if you have her mother's written confirmation that she wishes the payments to be made into your daughter's account and not her own.
Without this then the payments would not count as maintenance
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you