How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask michael holly Your Own Question
michael holly
michael holly, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7071
Experience:  BA Hons degree Law , Solicitors finals, 20 years experience, trained family law mediator.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
michael holly is online now

My daughter is moving out of the family home due to many arguments

This answer was rated:

My daughter is moving out of the family home due to many arguments with her husband. They have proviosionally agreed between them joint custody (or residency) of their children. However her husband has now threatened to take her to court to gain sole custody of the children. Can he do this?
There is nothing to stop him making such an application to court but whether it would be granted is an entirely different matter.
As far as the courts are concerned it is the child's right to live with or see their natural parents and as such they would not grant him sole custody lightly where joint residency has been agreed and is a workable option.
These threats are often made to wound as husbands know how hurtful such a threat can be to a mother.
I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply.
Best wishes
michael holly and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you