How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Ministry of Defence Pension since 2002 State pension since

Customer Question

Ministry of Defence Pension since 2002
State pension since 2013
house bought mainly with me own money
Got Married in 2004,
If I Separate/and/or divorce would my wife have a claim on anything.
She is still working and receives state and work pension
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have you lived together and how old are you both?
How much are all the assets worth and what contact do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still living together, this is just a request if I decide to split, been married 10 years and together over a year before that, House probably worth £120000, my personal savings Very little about £2000. I have the a state pension and a work pension of £1400 per month, but this _was sanctioned before marriage.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
sorry that last part shoudl have been what Income do you each have -
also how much does a one bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have decided not to take this any further, too complicated, please refund my £26. Many thanks