Hello I have a question, how much in total will a joint

I have a question,
how much in total will a joint custody claim cost?
Could you explain a little more about your position please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Clare

My situation is I am a father of two children myself and their mother spilt up 5 years ago and we have managed to come to a private agreement concerning custody of the children, she has them in the week and I have them 3 out of 4 weekends. Recently she has become unhappy with this agreement so I would like to know how much in legal fee's will it cost me if I was to apply to the court for joint custody or shared residence.

I hope this is a little more clear.

How old are the children and what changes is the mother asking for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are both 8 and she wants them on 2 weekends at the moment but I'm sure she will want to change that again at some point. I am unable to have the children in the week due to working hours and location.

What contact do you have in the holidays?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We split the holiday's between us, I mostly have them over half terms and we rotate the weeks over the summer.

What further contact would you be seeking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well I would like to keep our current agreement or maybe even extend it so I would have my children every weekend instead of 3 weekends if there were chances the court would allow that.

Could you have them Friday to Monday and would you be willing to accept two weekends out of Three?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I currently have them Friday to Sunday, I could take them to school Monday mornings also so yes Monday would be fine.

As for two weekends out of three I wouldn't be able to accept that as I know other fathers who have them every weekend.

If you could do that is there any reason why you could not also have them overnight midweek?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I work evenings and i would have to take public transport to pick them up, it takes a hour and a half to pick them up on a good day.

In April this year Child Arrangement Orders replaced "Shared residence" which in its turn replaced Joint Custody in 1989.
In general terms Parents are expected to agree how the children will share their time between them - using Family mediation ( to agree a Parenting Plan.
If you cannot agree then one or other of you will need to apply to the court for a new Child Arrangement Order - the form is here
and the fee is £215.
You can read more here
However please be aware that the court will feel that it is only fair that BOTH parents should have the chance to spend weekends with the children - making a suggestion of two weekends out of three one which is more likely to find favour with the court
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details