How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hello, I am married to an ex pat we have been married seventeen

Customer Question

Hello, I am married to an ex pat we have been married seventeen years and much of that time we have been apart. in 2006 he got engaged to his thai girlfriend and brought her to the uk to meet his mother. He told me all this i 2009 when he asked to return to the relationship took him back which i bitterly regret he is financially helpful and does pay household bills. I have no idea where his mail goes and I feel he lives a double life he says i am being paranoid but I am a reasonably intelligent woman and just do not believe him. Would i be entitled to any finances from him through divorce we have no children together and I live in social housing? val
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first
What assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?