How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My child is 2 and a half and her mother is trying to do everything

This answer was rated:

My child is 2 and a half and her mother is trying to do everything in her power to not let me see her. All communication has broken down and I haven't seen or heard from them since December last year and before that She only allowed me to see her a handful of times. She has been very spiteful in lying about me being abusive and that was all seen as lies by the court last year but now I can't even attempt to contact her as she will go to the police. I'm concerned because I'm missing so much of my child's life and I don't feel like the mothers mind will change. I am paying child support and I just want to make the necessary steps to regularly see my daughter and build a relationship.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are there any court orders in place?
Which part of the Uk are you in?
What steps have you taken to trace her so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I live in London. There are no court orders in place, she filed orders against me last year but they were thrown out of court.
It's a bit tricky because I'm pretty sure she lives at her same address, however, she says she lives outside of London and this could just be a temporary address. I'm not sure how to find out where she's actually living because she has relatives in former residence so she could still be registered there.
In that case what you need to do is issue a Court application for a Child Arrangement Order AND an order that the DWP release her address TO THE COURT for service.
The form you need is a C100 available here
The DWP will release her address to the court who will transfer the hearing to her local court and that court will list a hearing date
Obviously the contact will have to start slowly since the child is very young and has not seen you for a while - so except it to start in local contact centre to start with
You can read more on these sites
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That information is very helpful thank you. One last question, in an instance where she doesn't want to bring the child to a contact centre, there is nothing that can be done about that is there? And how do I put in an order for the DWP release her address to the courts?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I did reply to your response but you didn't reply back.
If the court orders it then it can be enforced - and the courts will do so
You simply ask the court to make the Order as part of the directions