How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34898
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

We have been separated for an year, my wife was living away

This answer was rated:

We have been separated for an year, my wife was living away and comming every weekend to pick up the kids. After this summer holiday she just decided not to return them but keep them with her, changed their shcool and leaving all their belongings with me. They are living in two small rooms. The children are ages 9 and 4. We have no divorce or any procedure started yet. i want my children back. What can I do.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How far apart do you live and has she said why she has suddenly done this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We live about 25 miles apart and she claims that the children need mother and will be better for them to live with her. She also say that my daughter was always nervous and their room wasn't clean and tidy enough.that's all her reasons.
What contact has she offered?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She offered to let them be with me the weekends after I sign some kind of separation agreement.
You have two choices
You can make an immediate and urgent application to the court tomorrow for the return of the children to your care while the court decides what the long term arrangements should be.
If you wish to do this the form you need is here
and the fee is £215
You need to attend in person with three copies and ask for an urgent hearing at short notice this week.
If you do not wish to do that then you can instead ask for an Urgent family mediation appointment ( to discuss the ongoing arrangements before deciding on a Court application.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you