We have been separated for an year, my wife was living away

We have been separated for an year, my wife was living away and comming every weekend to pick up the kids. After this summer holiday she just decided not to return them but keep them with her, changed their shcool and leaving all their belongings with me. They are living in two small rooms. The children are ages 9 and 4. We have no divorce or any procedure started yet. i want my children back. What can I do.
How far apart do you live and has she said why she has suddenly done this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We live about 25 miles apart and she claims that the children need mother and will be better for them to live with her. She also say that my daughter was always nervous and their room wasn't clean and tidy enough.that's all her reasons.
What contact has she offered?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She offered to let them be with me the weekends after I sign some kind of separation agreement.
You have two choices
You can make an immediate and urgent application to the court tomorrow for the return of the children to your care while the court decides what the long term arrangements should be.
If you wish to do this the form you need is here
and the fee is £215
You need to attend in person with three copies and ask for an urgent hearing at short notice this week.
If you do not wish to do that then you can instead ask for an Urgent family mediation appointment ( to discuss the ongoing arrangements before deciding on a Court application.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details